Monday, November 24, 2008

Day 23--Thanksgiving not being "skipped over"


I am sure most of you have noticed if you have been in any retail store the last week, that to them the "Christmas season" is already upon us. I am one of those who believes you should wait at least until you have eaten the turkey!! :) But last week, when talking to several friends and reading others blogs, I realized how many schools/preschools have a Thanksgiving program, feast or some type of get together to celebrate Thanksgiving. That made me so happy!! That they are teaching children the importance of being thankful, going so far as to invite parents to make it an even more special occasion. And MWC 's school was no different!! She had a precious program last Thursday night. They sang some cute songs and the three's were able to share what they were thankful for. And I have to say, MWC SURPRISED us all when her answer was, "Jesus." I am surprised I did not burst in tears, I think I was just so surprised. Most of the answers were, "mama or daddy and mama," --so I could not wait to hear her answer. And then her turn came, and she said, without missing a beat, "Jesus." Most of the family turned to me and ask if we had practiced and I assured them, it was just as a surprise to me as them. And it taught me that, they do listen and understand what we say and talk about on a day to day basis. That you don't have to "beat them over that head with it. " That thankfully through the Holy Spirit, they do "get it" and hopefully as the days go by and the more there is to learn, that she will "get it" as much as her little mind can grasp. But today I am also very thankful, that our little girl does understand at least that much---that we should ALL be thankful for Jesus and what He has done for us.


















3 comments:

K Storm said...

That is so sweet...but you live your life so that she knows Jesus is important. Once I heard Sissy answer that way when she was in preschool and my heart swelled with pride and humility at the same time. Keep it up...you are raising a girl the right way.

Anonymous said...

RDC and AWC are examples for their children, it is real. We are thankful for that

Anonymous said...

That is precious! Our Mighty Savior is already tugging on her heart! --ddr