Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Days 6, 7, and 8 of Thanksgiving....


One thing I am VERY thankful for is family fun!! We had a great time in Texas with Grandaddy, who spoiled us all rotten!! (I did not have to cook so I consider that spoiled!!) We were able to dress the kids when we got there Friday and take them to his church's fall festival. MWC loved playing in the jumping things and going down the slides. I think the only real reason she enjoyed the games was to get the candy!! Of course we had a great time and enjoyed some time with Grandaddy!!





Another nice thing about being out of town is my mind is not going over my "to do" list. I can't do laundry, or clean the bathrooms or straighten up the house. I can sit and relax. Yesterday morning, MWC was watching TV and I was sitting on the couch and she came and sat in my lap and snuggled!!! I LOVED IT!! We sat and watched Dora and snuggled. (and she does not sit and snuggle toooo much anymore--at least not as much as I would like her too! She is always busy doing something!!) So yesterday, I was EXTREMELY thankful for my snuggle time with my "baby"!!

And today, like most Americans I am thankful for my right to vote, but most importantly my freedom to talk about what I believe any time I choose and to go worship out in the open without fear of what will happen. I know our minds are on who will be our leader in the next 4 years. The nice thing is --our God already knows what is going to happen. We as believers just need to pray not only today, but everyday that whomever is elected will listen to God and do what His will is for our country.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so very wise and wonderful!
I love you,
BeBe

K Storm said...

Great stuff.

I didn't realize that M was going to be Dorothy...I have that costume hanging in Sissy's closet from a couple of years ago that you could have used. It may have been big on her though.

Jeremy and Christy said...

My fave part of any vacation is the fact that I can sit down without looking around my house and seeing 1000's of things I need to be doing. I can relax guilt-free!

Anonymous said...

This is one happy, happy family!
I rejoice for you!
Much love,
Aunt Barbara