Tuesday, March 31, 2009

She gets that from me.....:o)

My whole life, my mama has ALWAYS been big into birthdays. Now that does not mean we always got BIG, expensive presents,  but she always made big deals of our our birthdays. You got to pick what you want to eat, what kind of cake and so on. **Sometimes we also had birthday weeks!!-Celebrating some with mama and then going with daddy to celebrate!!-Well she passed that onto me.  I LOVE planning and doing birthdays!!  You can just as RDC!! (I might have overwhelmed him a bit when we starting dating!! :o)  Anyway, it seems MWC has picked up that gene!! If she sang Happy  birthday to JDC one time last Tuesday, she sang it 50 times!! And then a few times when he got fussy for one thing or another, she genuinely got upset and said, "He can't cry. It is his birthday!"  And of course she LOVED helping him blow out his candles!!  I just pray that she keeps that sweet spirit that God has given her and NEVER outgrows it.  As I hear RDC say many times a day......"I love this girl!!"--We do LOVE this girl and are so blessed that God gave her to us!!

8 comments:

Will and Carley said...

Oh. My. Goodness.
Love her too much.
And just when I decide that I am too obsessed with her you go and post the cutest picture of her along with the sweetest little story. Love that precious baby girl!!!

Abby Hutto said...

Birthdays must be in the Virden blood! We are major celebrators too! Your girl is just precious--such a gift from God to have sweet hearted girls!

K Storm said...

I love her too!

Anonymous said...

AMEN!!!!

GDW

Dara said...

I love that picture of her!

Jeremy and Christy said...

Too cute! Nice pic, by the way! :)

Unknown said...

Just like her mommy in everyway!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful story and what a beautiful photo to go with it. Mother and daughter both fit that same description.
Much love,
Aunt Barbara