Thursday, October 30, 2008

3rd day of Thanksgiving

MWC has been battling a cough. Nothing too bad, just enough to bother her. But last night on our way home from church she was acting very tired and quite. And the minute she hit the bed, she was OUT! (very unusual for her) So of course I worried-thinking may need to go to the doctor. I let her sleep a little later for a "school day" going to see how she was when she woke up. She did feel better, but was still coughing. So we made the decision to keep her home. Not "doctor"worthy--just stay home, watch movies, stay in our pj's worthy!!! It got me thinking though-how fortunate I am to be able to choose IF we want to stay home or not. There are many moms who would LOVE to be home with their babies, and keep them home if they "just don't feel good." So today I was able to enjoy extra time with her and JDC--vegging out, watching movies, and reading books in our bed. I am VERY thankful today that I have the opportunity to stay home with my babies!!!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such a good, SMART mama!
I love you,
BeBe

K Storm said...

It is great to be able to choose that...makes it worth the things you gave up to stay home, doesn't it?

Jeremy and Christy said...

I also would not trade it for the world! There is nothing worse than taking a baby you know doesn't feel well and leaving them with someone else. No one can take as good a care of them as you can, right?!