Thursday, January 3, 2008

2008--New Year and changes....

I have spent several days thinking about the new year and all the things that come with "newness." Sometimes new things and changes are good and sometimes they are not what we always want. But something God has been showing me and telling me these last few days are to be thankful AT ALL TIMES. That He is control and He knows exactly what is going on. Our family already knows of several things that will change for us this year. Our most special of course being the birth of our 2nd child!!! It seems to me that it is still SO far away, but I know it will be here before we know it. And of course those of you who have 2 children, know how many changes RDC, MWC, and I are in for!!!! I keep thinking we are some what prepared, but then I get a little panicky!! :) And of course being a mama, I worry about MWC and how she is going to handle not having our undivided attention all the time. But I know that God blessed us with this baby at His perfect time and He already knows how we are all going to do with this big "newness" in our lives.
And we already know that some of our good friends will be moving to another part of the state later this month. And those are the type changes that I am not very fond of. But I know that they are following God's will for their lives and when people do that, how can you not be excited for them!!! But I know they know that we will miss them dearly, but are so excited about what God has in store for them-and for that I am thankful!!!

So as the new year gets started, I want to start it out by being thankful in all things and at all times. And then as the year progresses and other "new" things come our way, I pray that I will continue to have that attitude.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY FROM OURS!!!!

4 comments:

K Storm said...

Yes, some changes are a little easier to anticipate than others aren't they? You've got the right attitude.

Anonymous said...

And may I say that you and your family are one of the things that I am always thankful for!
Love you,
BeBe

Anonymous said...

love it!! i am so glad to be a part of this family!! love, ejw

Anonymous said...

Thanks, AWC, these thoughtful words are for all of us. I am so proud of you and your family. You are a terrific Mamma, as David a terrific Daddy.

Love

GDW