Thursday, May 31, 2007

The genuine kindness of a child...

So the other morning, MWC woke up earlier than usual. ~~and I was not quite ready to get up. :) So RDC went and got her and put her in the bed with me. She has her lovee that she has slept with since she was an infant, and since she was coming to get in our bed, she brought it with her. So I am laying there with my eyes closed and I hear her say, "here, Mommy," as she hands me lovee to cuddle with. I was just overwhelmed with love and thankfulness because more than any other quality, I want her to be a genuinely kind person who thinks of others. And as she gets older I pray that it will become just as important to her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MWC has 2 great examples of love and kindness that lives with every day. She is so fortunate to have a Daddy and Mommy that love and cherish her.
GDW