Saturday, June 27, 2009

Getting her ears "pinned.."

**Warning--kind of long...but I want to document this day for MWC!! :)

For several weeks now, MWC will ask me (as I put a bracelet on), "Can I wear a bracelet?" And she has several so she will proceed to go and get her one. Well, last Wednesday, she asked me if she could wear some earrings. I told her no, because her ears are not pierced and I don' t have any she could wear. Her solution...."Can I go get me ears "pinned(as she calls it)?" Of course we needed to ask her daddy. He said we will see. :) Last night he said he needed some more time to get used to it. But this morning after he cut the grass we decided to go. When I first explained what they were going to go, she said "never mind I don't want to." But then she asked if her friend AH could come and hold her hand. Off we went. She was sooooo excited!! She wanted to call everyone and tell them what she was going to do. The time comes-- AH's sweet daddy brings her up there--MWC is still excited--She picks out the earrings, I fill out the paper work--time to hop up on the chair. NOPE!! She changes her mind. We tried to encourage--nope. RDC and I talked about how we would not push. So we told the nice man--thank you for your time. (I think this happens quite a bit to them. :) We start heading out to the car. Get out to the car, get JDC put in--and she says, "I want to get my ears pinned." I asked her if she was sure that she does not have to--but if we go back in and get the nice man again, she needs to do it because he is nice enough to come and help us again. We head back in. This time in line behind a baby. Thinking--not a good idea...that baby is going to CRY!! I took her to potty and daddy stayed to fill out the paperwork while the baby got hers done. MWC and I returned and a teenager was about to get hers done. I looked at her and said, "PLEASE don't cry!!!" Of course she did great and MWC watched intently!!! But when it was her turn she hopped right up there and never looked back!!! And turned out to be such a GOD thing that she waited--because when we returned, there were 2 people working and could do it at the same time. Earlier, there was just the man and he would have had to do 1 at a time. Also, we had talked about how she was scared, so we were able to talk about that and that if she prayed, God would help her. And sang some VBS songs we learned!! :) So after it was over--she was SO proud of herself and we were able to talk about how God helped her through it. I don't think she has stopped grinning or showing people her "pinned" ears!!!



Last picture before her ears are pierced.







Her sweet friend who came
to hold her hand.














SO EXCITED!!!!!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh mercy, she will be going to college next month. Can hardly believe that she is growing up. Time is really flying ! She was so proud of her newly "pinned" earrings. She looked so precious.

Granny

Will and Carley said...

such a big girl! KayKay and Will are so proud you, Gossie!! And a little surprised that Mama and Daddy said, "yes!"

Barbara said...

Be sure to tell her that Aunt Barbara said she was SUCH a BIG GIRL! Her earrings look beautiful and she will really enjoy wearing all those pretty earrings!
We love you folks!
Aunt Barbara

Jeremy and Christy said...

Ok, so how did I miss all of this?? I didn't even see her sweet little ears Sunday morning! Congrats on making it through without a big scene!! :)