Saturday, August 2, 2008

A new beginning...

Well--as usual it has been SUPER busy around our house lately!! But for now--RDC is getting his haircut, MWC is still at BeBe's after her "big girl" slumber party with BeBe, EJW and KayKay, and JDC is napping--so I have a few minutes to update everyone on what is going on in "our world". ***I should be getting dressed to take MWC swimming :). But anyway--the biggest thing around here is MWC starting to pre-school NEXT WEEK!!!! I have such mixed emotions!!! I can't believe my baby is big enough to start pre-school and that she will not be with me everyday all day. Now if you had asked me on some days---this day could not have come sooner :)--but on most days--I do not want her to go anywhere!! I love having her home with me and would not have traded these last 3 1/2 years for ANYTHING in the world!!! I did not realize until the other day why this was getting so hard for me...and then it hit me-----a season of our lives is coming to an end. The season where we are not dictated by a calendar that tells us "August is coming" and our pajama days of watching movies and snuggling on the couch or waking up and deciding to go have lunch with Daddy -that season is coming to an end. I know, I know that it is just pre-school and she is only going 2 mornings a week and if we want we can "skip" a day, but the fact is--our baby is OLD enough and is very close to starting REAL school.--where they might frown upon us having a pj day "just because!!" But it is time and she is MORE THAN READY!! She told me the other day, "mama, I want to sleep at my school." UMMMM---no thanks!! :) She is ready to take her "backpack and her lunch" as she tells me everyday!! At supper the other night we were discussing school and I told her the first day after I pick her up, that we were going to have lunch with Daddy, just her, me and Daddy and we could go ANYWHERE she wanted. She immediately said, "school!" UMMM no again.....:) I am picking you up at 11:30!!! I am sure we will do the lunch bunch thing lots--but not on the first day!!!! But that shows you how ready she is!!! And I am looking forward to some one on one time with JDC--I just hope that my "to do" list does not over shadow his time alone with me. It will be a new adventure for us having to be up and dressed and somewhere by 8:30 on a regular basis!!! Even though I am a little sad about my baby growing up, I am excited for her and the new things she will get to learn and do. So August 12th is the BIG day!! Again...it is coming faster than I ever imagined!!! **Sorry for the "rambling"--but I tend to "write like I talk" :)--Hopefully it all makes sense and you can follow it!! :)




My little sunshine then..........




My sweet sunshine now!!!!

I still need to update on JDC turning 4 months, eating cereal and family visits and.........lots of other stuff!!! :) So check back--but not today......I am going to get dressed to play with my babies!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thoughts from the heart of a Godly mother. Thanks for sharing.

GDW

Anonymous said...

You are SUCH a great mom - no wonder you have such great kids. And thanks, RDC for working so hard so she can stay home!
BeBe

Jeremy and Christy said...

I know how you feel. I am just so excited to be "staying home" with my girls now. It is bittersweet to see them grow up. Rileigh will be going to preschool 2 days a week as well and I am really looking forward to my time with Emmy. I don't think we have ever gotten to do anything just us! You'll have to email me and tell me where MWC is going to school. Good luck on her first day!!!

Anonymous said...

Reading your thoughts is a trip down Memory Lane, AWC. I am so thankful that you, the children and their dad--all have the opportunities that you do, that you don't take anything for granted, and that you cherish every precious moment and give thanks for it all. God bless you, sweet one!
Love,
Aunt Barbara

Will and Carley said...

I can't believe she is strating "big girl" school! But she is going to be so presh with her back-pack and luch box =)

Anonymous said...

So,not to be rude or anything...but you did mention a new blog?!?!! what is all that about? when will you share the details?? i am so curious.....ejw