Tuesday, August 12, 2008

WE SURVIVED IT!!!

....well I knew MWC would survive her first day of pre-school---it was her daddy and I that I was a little worried about!!!! But since she was SO excited, it made it a lot easier on us!!! She told us this morning, "this is her day!!!" Actually, Aunt KayKay and Aunt EJW were the ones I think took it the hardest!!! :) But she had a GREAT day. She walked right in from carpool line and waved good-bye. Yes--we start carpool line the first day!!!!! When RDC and I picked her up for lunch, she said she had fun. Not too many details--but she wants to go back again on Thursday.--Of course I had TONS of questions!!!!! RDC just laughed as we drove away--telling me to watch the road because I was too busy turning around trying to ask her things. The only info we did get was she rode a tricycle in the gym, played with beans, and had music. Maybe as the year goes on--we will get more details!!!!






Waking her up telling her it is time to go to school!!!












She was up, dressed and ready by 7:30!!! (We did not have to leave until about 8:10!!!!)




VERY proud of her backpack!! Thanks, HB!!!!

Giving Daddy one last hug before we left.

I think the person she missed the most was JDC because she was quite upset that he was not in the car and then even more upset when we got home and he had just gone down for a nap. He fussed a few minutes after we got home and she ran in there saying, "I think he is finished with his cat nap. Can I see him????" I love that she loves her brother so much!!!!! :)

4 comments:

Jeremy and Christy said...

It is hard! I am so glad Rileigh is growing in her independence, but I am sad to see she is turning into a big girl! Rileigh said she had fun, but I couldn't get many answers out of her either. But like MWC, she wants to go back! Maybe we'll get more info Thursday!

Will and Carley said...

So proud of her! I still think she is too little to go in all by herself the very first day!!

Michelle McArdle said...

What a big girl!! I know she did great and so did you!

Anonymous said...

I don't think ANYONE can hold this girl back! She is a little pistol! Being surrounded by such loving adults has provided her the self confidence and self reliance that will carry her throughout life...and of course she feels secure in the "back up" home and family provide her.
Good job, family!
Love,
Aunt Barbara
P.S. Are we going to see pictures of the dedication? I've been waiting!