Monday, February 18, 2008

A Perfect Day!!!!!!!!

For several weeks now, MWC and I have been asking RDC to take a day off and just play. Not a day when we have something to do --just a day for the 3 of us-just because. So as a surprise to us on HIS birthday--he took last Thursday off!!! I was so excited!!! He did not tell me until the actual morning of (about 6:30) so of course I had no time to make any real plans of what we could do. But of course I quickly got to thinking!!!! Since it was his birthday, I did have a couple of errands to run--like pick up his cake--so he just got to go with us. So after we woke MWC up and had a picnic in the den while we all watched Sesame Street, we got dressed to run our errands. We got his cake and then went to lunch--his pick--Backyard Burger. I wish I had my camera watching the two of them in the play area as they pushed the button to make animal noises and then pretended to be that animal!! Priceless!! Then we ran to Babies-R-Us and registered for a few things for the baby and then home for a nap!! Out for dinner--his pick--Logan's Roadhouse.--Stopped by Bebe's for a minute then home for cake to finish the day!!! It was such a great day not having lots to do--but just being together. I know MWC enjoyed having Daddy around all day "just because!!" I still just love watching them together. She really does have a special place in her heart for him. She went through a phase where she did not want to sing "happy birthday" to anybody at the right time--like when blowing out the candles. Her poor friends who have had parties--she would just stand there!! :) So I was quite surprised when she sang to her Daddy ALL DAY LONG--even at cake time!!! She sang probably 10 times to him that day!!! (You just never know with her!!)


***I do have several pictures from the day, but for some reason Blogger is not letting me add pictures or check my spelling!! So be patient for the pictures and over look any misspelled words!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was a perfect day - and you all deserved it!
Love you all,
BeBe