Wednesday, January 10, 2007

The tradition continues...




Every Saturday night growing up, my sisters and I ALWAYS rolled our hair on pink sponge rollers. Yes--every!! Then Sunday morning for church we had some curls!!!! (My mom told me that is how CVW learned to count to 30.) Anyway we would sit there and watch T.V. while mom brushed, sorted, and rolled each of our heads. I remember it like it was yesterday. Well it was about time for MWC. So for Christmas she got some pink sponge rollers in her stocking. She did GREAT while I rolled her hair. They did not last all night because I did not put them in tight enough so they fell out. There was one that stayed in all night, so she did have one curl to show. But of course we will try again!! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, memories. I too remember falling asleep and Mama would still be rolling my hair. I must ask, was "GLOW" (Gorgeous Ladies Of Wrestling) on while you were rolling her hair?
CVW
P.S. If only I could have gained all my math wisdom from my rollers

Anonymous said...

Better get them tighter than that!

GDW

Anonymous said...

how cute is that!! i wonder what would happen if we all tried to roll our hair these days!?!? anyone willing to try?!?! poor-mc-does she really realize how many rituals she is about to face???? love you-ejw

Anonymous said...

Mom, you are doing a SUPER job of keeping the rest of us current on Miss Mc! Thank you! She is growing up to look a lot like you and your sisters, which is a grand thing! I suppose the tradition of rolling hair on Saturday nights will continue that trend, unless Miss Mc. decides to vary from that road! Continue having fun and sharing it with us! Much love,
Aunt Barbara