Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Registered and READY!!!


...for kindergarten!! Yes..our "baby" will be starting ALL day BIG school in the fall. Today we were able to go to the school and fill out her paperwork and let her visit a kindergarten classroom. She LOVED it!! When we first got there, she was a little shy and hung near me, but in an instant she was lined up and ready to go with the teacher. While she was in the room doing an activity, this gave the principal time to talk with the parents about the school and what kindergarten is like. I did really well and was prepared with what she was saying until she began talking about "lunchtime". About how my little baby would learn to carry her tray, her lunch number and how to open her own carton of milk. :(--that is BIG stuff!!! I was prepared for going to her room alone from carpool line, staying all day, etc--but did NOT EVEN THINK about my baby "doing the lunch" thing. Anyway..she and I both did well--she enjoyed visiting the room and showed me how in kindergarten she will walk down the green lines in the hallway to her room. But I think I was mainly ok because she was SOOOOO excited!!! However, I make NO promises for August 12th. :( So for now, I am going to continue to enjoy everyday that we have together!! :)














A fun lunch with me and Daddy to celebrate her big day!!! :)



**Think I can check her out early her first day to go have fun lunch to celebrate that too!!! ;)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is going to love it! I just hope they get to talk during lunch!
BeBe

Will and Carley said...

KayKay and Will are soooooo not ready for this. You know First Pres is right down from me, I think I could talk Dr.E into letting me leave for lunch each day. Just sayin.

K Storm said...

Of course, you could pack her lunch and not have to worry about a lunch number and tray. That is Sissy's preference this year!

Anonymous said...

She is growing up way to fast

GDW

The Family Bond said...

And the bittersweet emotions of a parent continues. That one emotion that we as parents can count on having!