Saturday, January 10, 2009

Let's backtrack....

Since it was so busy for us before Christmas, some things I wanted to blog about got "put off" due to other things going on.  So I wanted to catch up and share somethings with you before things get busy again!!!!

FIRST DENTAL VISIT!!

On December 2nd, MWC had her first dental appointment.  She did GREAT!!!  I made an appointment too because the dentist we see allows a child to watch a parent get their teeth cleaned before they do.  I thought WONDERFUL--She usually does fine with things when she knows what  to expect.  Before the "big day" we had talked about what they would do, how the chair would lay back and that they would wear masks to keep germs off of her and the lady cleaning her teeth.  She seemed ok with all of that--so I thought getting to watch one of us was an extra bonus.  So we get there--of course Daddy goes too and they call me back.  The hygienist told me they would get me started and then call her back.  But after my X-rays she comes back in and says, "she's doing great!" And I thought good....then I thought----doing great at what?!?!? They were already cleaning her teeth!!! Luckily, RDC knows me VERY well and came and got the camera to take pictures!!!! :)  I hated that I was not there for it, but at least RDC was and I was just happy that she did so well!!! She finished before I did so they let her come in there with me and she had the BIGGEST grin on  her face!!! She was there when the dentist came to check my teeth and she said, "now don't squirm."  :)  But she told me she has 20 teeth and no cavities.  And best of all, " she LOVES the dentist!!" (in fact the other day she asked if we could go!!! :)  **she gets that from her soon-to-be Uncle WLG--he LOVES the dentist!!!










4 comments:

Will and Carley said...

She is getting too big, too fast.
p.s. Uncle Will a little hurt there are no new pics of him with the babies...such the Ham =)

K Storm said...

I fully expected her to do well at the dentist. Sissy was a pro from the start too.

I would have taken pics of Boomer but my hands were busy holding him down!! We are hoping for a better time coming up soon

Anonymous said...

Wow, this really makes the fact known that she is growing up and so smart.

GDW

Dara said...

YEAH!!!