Sunday, September 16, 2007

What MWC said when we told her....

I realized the other day that I never blogged about what MWC said when we told her about the baby.

The morning we took the home test, I wanted to tell MWC. RDC was a little hesitant since we had not been to the doctor and what if the test were wrong then we would have to "untell" her. I saw his concern, but was thinking she is two, it won't really "stick" right away. He understood that so we decided to tell her over lunch that day (since she was still asleep when he left for work.) So she and I picked up lunch on our way to his office and met him there. We sat down at the table and RDC looked at her and said, "you know what? You are going to be a big sister!!"

She put her hand over her mouth, grinned very big and went, "HAAAAA!! Can I have a chip??"

So that response calmed RDC's fears of telling her and then having to "untell" her. :) I do have to say now, it has stuck. Her Sunday School teacher told me tonight at church they were reading a book and a ladies belly was showing and she proceeded to say, "My mommy has a baby in her tummy!"

On a side note: We were able to take a GREAT family vacation last week to the beach!!! So as soon as I have time (hopefully tomorrow) I will blog and post pictures!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm delighted to hear the awaited response from Miss Mc! She never disappoints! It's also good to know that you folks were able to have a little vacation, and I hope that it was wonderful for all of you. I'll look forward to the photos!
Much love,
Aunt Barbara

Will and Carley said...

Such a cute little Miss Mc story! I just love her so very much!